The CMS MSSP ACOs collectively produced $4.1 billion in gross savings and $1.9 billion after accounting for shared savings payments, according to 2020 performance data. SoNE HEALTH’s Medicare ACO 2020 final performance resulted in shared savings from CMS of $16.3M.
“Our 2020 ACO results demonstrate the potential of accountable care models to positively impact healthcare, in patient outcomes and cost. These results are only possible when you have a clinically integrated network of dedicated providers and hospitals. We remain committed to improving patient health, while simultaneously managing cost-of-care,” stated Lisa Trumble, SoNE HEALTH President and CEO.
In 2020, 513 ACOs participated in MSSP. These organizations accepted accountability for the quality, cost and experience of care of the assigned beneficiary group.
SoNE HEALTH/Trinity Health Of New England ACO performance details include:
- Demonstrated significant quality and cost improvement for the 2020 performance year and the achievement marks a more than a $20M increase over 2019 MSSP earnings
- The ACO earned the largest shared savings distribution for all the Connecticut ACOs and was third largest compared to the Massachusetts ACOs for 2020.
- The Medicare ACO and SoNE HEALTH network continued their focus on the MSSP patients and helped the provider network to increase telehealth visits and managed the COVID patients as well
- The Medicare ACO beneficiary attribution was the largest across all of the ACOs in Connecticut.
- The Quality Performance score equaled 96.87%, which helped drive the ACO’s earned shared savings for 2020
“Managing and optimizing the health of our Medicare patients is top priority for the SoNE HEALTH population health team. Working in tandem with our ACO participant providers and hospitals, our team strives to deliver exemplary care management to each patient to maximize each patient’s quality of life. We are pleased the 2020 performance results are indicative of the great work we do each day,” commented Sarika Aggarwal, MD, Chief Population Health Officer.